1. You may apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit
from the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular
mission (visit visa applications from Indian nationals
should be submitted to the HKSAR Immigration Department
2. If you are a Chinese resident of Taiwan, you should submit your application for an entry permit through one of the authorised airlines.
3. All nationals are required to hold a valid visa for the HKSAR for whatever purpose (including those who are in transit and remain on the airside).
4. All nationals (except holders of Diplomatic and Official passports) are required to hold a valid visa for the HKSAR for whatever purpose (including those who are in transit and remain on the airside). Holders of Diplomatic and Official passports may visit the HKSAR visa-free for a stay not exceeding 14 days.
5. Holders of Diplomatic and Official passports may visit the HKSAR visa-free for a stay not exceeding 14 days.
6.Indian nationals are required to apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration (PAR) online before they can visit the HKSAR visa free. Please click here for details of PAR.
For more information about VISA, please visit
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
If some participants need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, the ICKCS 2018 local arrangement committee will be glad to help. To obtain an invitation letter, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with your registration, and in the case of being an author, your accepted paper ID. The Conference Secretariat will then send a formal visa application form via airmail or fax with which the participants can apply for a visa.
1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
2. Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
3. Please note ICKCS Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICKCS Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, ICKCS Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICKCS Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
4. It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.